• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved SSH without BIND

Koen Verbruggen

Basic Pleskian
I am using my providers DNS service for my VPS so no need for BIND I guess.

After removing BIND and restarting the server I was not able to login using SSH. Seems like sshd needs BIND to work. Restoring a backup solved the problem.
Is there a way to configure my CentOs to work without BIND?

Hi Koen Verbruggen,

so no need for BIND I guess.
Several service depend on the Plesk's DNS server and you will experience issues/errors/problems, if you resist on leaving out this component on your server. Pls. note, that even that you use an external DNS - service, you should still install all basic Plesk components, to profit from all possible Plesk options. They might "waste" some space on your hardware, from your point of view, but is this really worth not to be able to use all Plesk functionalities?

Hi Koen Verbruggen,

Several service depend on the Plesk's DNS server and you will experience issues/errors/problems, if you resist on leaving out this component on your server. Pls. note, that even that you use an external DNS - service, you should still install all basic Plesk components, to profit from all possible Plesk options. They might "waste" some space on your hardware, from your point of view, but is this really worth not to be able to use all Plesk functionalities?
I was not aware of other services needing BIND. No problem keeping it up and running then!Thanks for the response

Back