• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SSL activated for every Subdomain

B

BenjS

---------------------------------------------------------------
Plesk 10.4.4 Update #19, Debian 5.0, x64

I created the domain foobar.com and deactivated the SSL Support in the Power User view. Then I created a subdomain more.foobar.com, as I saw the SSL Support for the Subdomain was enabled.

ACTUAL RESULT
SSL support is enabled for every subdomain, even when I disable SSL Support in the service plan.

EXPECTED RESULT
SSL support should be disabled for every domain/subdomain, when SSL support isn't enabled in the service plan.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
With this configuration, I get a lot of warn entries in the apache log:
[Tue Mar 06 11:15:39 2012] [warn] Init: SSL server IP/port conflict: more.foobar.com:443 (/var/www/vhosts/more.foobar.com/conf/13310255520.58124800_httpd.include:10) vs. some.foobar.com:443 (/var/www/vhosts/some.foobar.com/conf/13310255620.88607500_httpd.include:10)
--------------------------------------------------------------

Is there any "best practice" for ssl? Can I combine one SSL site with multiple non-SSL sites on the same IP Adress? Or should I dedicate one SSL site on one IP and the other non-SSL sites to an other IP?

Cheers,
Benj

Last edited by a moderator:
Same for me.

Though the SSL-flag is OFF in the service plan - adding a new domain will have it ON in the domain's settings.

---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Plesk Panel 10.4.4 MU#20
CentOS 5
Linux 2.6.18-194.26.1.el5xen
PHP 5.3.3-1.el5_6.1 (updated with plesk update)
MySQL 5.0.77-4.el5_6.6 (updated with plesk update)
Apache 2.2.3-53.el5.centos.3

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Adding a new domain will activate SSL for that domain although the SSL flag in the administration of the service plan is OFF

ACTUAL RESULT
SSL is turned on for new Domains

EXPECTED RESULT
SSL-option should be set according to the setting in the service plan
--------------------------------------------------------------

Back