1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

SSL Certificates and 7.5.4

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by jhobbs721, Aug 27, 2005.

1. jhobbs721

jhobbs721 Guest

Not sure if anyone else came across this, so I figured I'd toss it out there...

After going through the pains of getting 7.5.3 upgraded to 7.5.4, I noticed that the certificates functionality wasn't working properly. I could not generate my own, or upload existings certificates into Plesk. When I attempted to do so, it threw an errors relating to permissions...

After checking into the issue, I found that it was having trouble opening the openssl.cnf file in the following location:

/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/openssl.cnf

Oddly enough, the permissions on the file were more than sufficient, as you can see below...

-rw-r--r-- 1 root psaadm 7569 Aug 24 01:53 openssl.cnf

After more investigation, I found that the 'conf' directory itself was the issue. Oddly enough, it lacked any 'x' permissions...

drw-r--r-- 7 root psaadm 4096 Aug 25 22:41 .

I applied 755 permissions ( essentially adding 'x' where 'r' was available)... This solved the issue (so far)...

Hopefully this helps!

Joe

2. Jllynch

Jllynch Regular Pleskian

Thanks for that. Answers like this are priceless! People please post more.