• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SSL Certificates

[email protected]

Basic Pleskian
I wish to know a few things about SSL and hope that some experts can help me out with these questions

1) I have successfully got a cerificate issued from Thawte. When I uploaded the cerificate, it is not used until I assigned it later in the IP Address.

When I read the documentation from Plesk, it stated:

1a) If domain's IP is allocated exclusively to a single client, then go to Clients > your client name > IP Pool > domain's IP address > select the required SSL certificate name from the SSL certificate drop-down box.

1b) If domain's IP is shared among many clients, then go to Server > IP Addresses > domain's IP address > select the required SSL certificate name from the SSL certificate drop-down box.

In part a), I was happy to see the cerificate that can be selected for the single client.

However, in part b) I can't see the SSL cerificate for selection. What have I done wrong?

2) I also notice that there is a CA Certificate in the SSL certificate management. What is that used for?

3) Lastly, if I am not wrong, the SSL cerificate purchased can be used by many clients. Am I right? If so, this can solve all our problems with SSL certificate shared among all the customers. Just wonder if I am right in this sense.

Thanks

A certificate is written for an IP not a domain.

So for your last question, many domains sharing the same IP can use the same certificate.

For a single domain to have a certificate, it has to have it's own IP.

Hope that helps!

Sam

Your CA part of the cert will probably need to be inserted with plesk. I'm not sure if thawte is already in browsers' cert repositories.

Go to the thawte support section and look for the CA cert, you should find it, then upload it.

-poke

Back