• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SSL connect error on license update

• Thread starter Matthias Jörg
  • Start date
M

Matthias Jörg

Hi,

I managed to upgrade my virtual Debian server from Etch to Lenny and also upgraded Plesk from 8.4 via 8.6 to 9.0.1. Everything seemed to run fine, until we needed to upgrade our License through our Provider (Server4You) from 10 to 30 Domains. Fetching the license via "Recieve Keys" gives the following error msg:
SSL connect error

and /var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log shows the following errors, which slightly differ from time to time:
2009-02-27 09:33:15: (connections.c.299) SSL: 1 error:14094418:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert unknown ca
2009-02-27 09:33:15: (connections.c.299) SSL: 1 error:140940E5:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:ssl handshake failure

2009-02-27 14:38:50: (connections.c.299) SSL: 1 error:140780E5:SSL routines:SSL23_READ:ssl handshake failure
2009-02-27 14:38:50: (connections.c.299) SSL: 1 error:140760FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:unknown protocol

2009-02-27 14:54:33: (connections.c.299) SSL: 1 error:140940E5:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:ssl handshake failure

Help is very appreciated.
Thanks.

Same problem as on my root server - also run Debian Lenny as stable

Thank you very much

Thank you very much parallels...

I´ve "solved" my problem...:

I´ve just do a complete sever-backup - and because I was fu..ed up again with a useless full backup last year - I also make backups of EVERY customer...

Then I reinstalled a fresh debian OS ( etchnhalf ) and reistalled plesk... make my updates to 9.0.1... my "new" licence key now was up to date... :-(

After this, I make (try to make) a restore - but plesk recognise the backup-file as a 1kb-file (in fact it was huge one with lots of GBs). I try to find a solution and I see a faulty owner on the backup-file. Changing it to root... and the restore process begins - with the right filesize... :-(

It seems that all was ok - but - NO domain alias was active! I tried to activate the domain alias but with no effect - it keeped still inactive. No problem... simply delete EVERY domain alias and create it again - of course EVERY alias from the hundreds BY HAND! :-(

Thank you Parallels for a complete saturday night and sunday morning of backup and restore orgy! Thank you for your quick answer to my trouble-ticket and my question to send me a new licence-key, so I can install it manually. But no response - and my licence would end today - and my customers will kill me again and again tomorrow!

Thank you very much - I love you guys! :-(

Back