• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question SSL for both mail and webserver

iain

New Pleskian
I have an SSL cert for the website, registered as www.mysite.co.uk..
Recently the default Plesk SSL expired, which is used for the mail server still.
I have copied the web SSL to the mail server SSL directory but it complains the domain is invalid. (Needs to be mail.mysite.co.uk)
How can I use a single SSL cert that will be valid for both web server and mail server?

Hi iain,

How can I use a single SSL cert that will be valid for both web server and mail server?
Your mail - server settings can be configured with the depending mailserver - configuration files ( i.e.: for postfix, there are "master.cf" + "main.cf" at "/etc/postfix" ).

Pls. see as well:

Pls. note, that Plesk Onyx offers now far easier SSL - security over the Plesk Control Panel and the free certificates from "Let's Encrypt" are easy to use with the Plesk Let's Encrypt Extension. Maybe you could tryout the upgrade?!?

Also note that an SSL certificate issued for www.domain.tld will not necessarily be valid for other subdomains, e.g. mail.domain.tld.
Unless you've got a wildcard certificate - one that covers multiple subdomains - you may need a second certificate for mail.domain.tld.

Back