• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SSL in Domain Alias , How ?

Frank.P

Regular Pleskian
A Domain with IP dedicated work with SSL Certificate (HTTPS) , but the domain alias load the domain certificate and said wrong certificate because the domain is not the same.

MainDomain.com with SSL
DomainAlias.com with MainDomain.com SSL

How can I set for MainDomain.com the right SSL and for DomainAlias a domain alias certificate ?

Thanks

You can't do it in Plesk context.
As possible workaround you can create site DomainAlias.com with own certificate and then set up redirection to MainDomain.com site.

If you want same certificate covering both Domain and DomainAlias, you will need to buy so called multidomain certificate.
It is not about how Plesk works, but it is nature of SSL certificate - normally it includes exact domain name to validate.

IgorG's way (redirect) works as well.

Probable 3rd way would be configure DomainAlias.com as non-SSL domain with redirect to SSL Domain.com.

I need a domain alias and not redirect , because the customer never know the real domain and eahc domain need to get the same files.

I cannot get a certificate with multidomain , only 1 certificate for each domain.

I think this is important to upgrade for future plesk version. I suggest that.

You can only do this if you would use Cloudflare.
Setup the main--domain there.
and remove your certificate in Plesk
The non-SSL domain should be a real alias (without 301 redirect)

Use a SAN certificate on the main domain for this.

Let's Encrypt supports this by default:

https://community.letsencrypt.org/t/frequently-asked-questions-faq/26

"Can I get a certificate for multiple domain names (SAN certificates)?

Yes, the same certificate can apply to several different names using the Subject Alternative Name (SAN) mechanism. The resulting certificates will be accepted by browsers for any of the domain names listed in them."

Yes, SAN certificate could be the solution, but how they can be managed in plesk?

LE certificates are intended to be used with automated scripts and Plesk has a great extension to have this done.
But it does not support aliased domains, when aliasing a domain which uses Let's Encrypt, it generates a the scaring browser warning.
I suggest to add this feature 'cause the result resembles a problem and not a missing feature.

There is a feature request on User Voice, please subscribe it:
https://plesk.uservoice.com/forums/...ons/15013254-let-s-encrypt-add-domain-aliases

IgorG, don't you think this is urgent 'cause it seems an error on Plesk user side?

Thanks

Oto Tortorella

Last edited:
Just to point out that a workaround is to add a new domain and chose the Hosting type as Forwarding.
But the subscription should be able to add another domain and not an alias.

Regards

Back