• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved SSL installed on server pool rather than the desired domain

mixos

New Pleskian
Hi all,

I purchased a RapidSSL from pleskdomains.com and i installed it on the server repository rather than on the desired domain. Then i noticed that i can't use it on the desired domain rather than just secure the plesk panel. How to move or re-issue the certificate on the domain from the server pool?

Best Regards,
Mike

Hello,

it is strange, because it should be possible to select between global and subscription certificates in hosting settings inside subscription (see screenshot attached)
f353622-certificate_choise_hosting_preferences.png
or as a workaround you can copy key and cert parts from global ssl repository and create new ssl certificate with the same data inside your subscription.

I have set the desired SSL to default and then it appeared under the domain repository. This is what worked for me.

It looks corerct:
in case certificate issued to the domain that equal to hostname - in most cases such certificated will be marked as default.
in all other cases you not need to store domain sertificates in global SSL storage - they should be stored inside subscription.

There can be another on scenario: you have several IP addresses on Plesk server, so before SNI was implemented it was actual to have different certificates for different IP addresses. But I guess this is not your case.

I only have one IP on the server and yes, my hostname is the same as the domain i what to apply SSL. So this seems resonable behaviour of Plesk?

Back