• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SSL issue about CA intermediate for secondary IP

Xav2c

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I'm having some trouble setting correctly SSL certificates for a secondary ip address in my PPP11.

Lets call my domains maindomain.tld and secondarydomain.tld, because i got banned a few weeks ago from this forum for posting my true domain names.
So my plesk install is set up at www.maindomain.tld:8443, i got a free class1 (startcom) ssl certificate for the connection to the panel, everything works fine under all OSes, and all browsers. I get the green Class1 lock in my adress bar, and it's all fine.

Now in ppp, i put a secondary ip (dedicated) to secondarydomain.tld.
I got another free class1 cert for this ip/domain.
The cert is linked to the secondary ip in ppp.
In ppp, Domains => secondarydomain.tld i uploaded again the cert and activated under scripts and security for this domain.

Everything works fine under Chrome and IE (green lock, class1 active), but on firefox, and android, i get a warning about sec_error_unknown_issuer, i googled about this problem, and found out that i had to add intermediate CA cert (that i downloaded from startcom), but i really don't know how, where? in plesk? in the server via ssh? please explain

The strange thing is that if with firefox, i go just once to https://www.maindomain.tld/ i get no warning, then i go to https://www.secondarydomain.tld, and the warning is gone, for ever. If i want to reproduce the warning message, i have to find another computer, or run firefox -p command and create a new user profile, and the warning message is back on.

Do you know why its acts strange like this?
If you want my true domain.tldnames to try by yourself, just ask, and i will pm you

Thank you in advance

Hi,

Apparently the error under firefox, and under the android default browser (not chrome) is fixed since the update to plesk 11.5.
Don't ask me why or how, i have done nothing else than update via the ppp web interface.

Back