• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SSL issues

P

PatrickJ28

Hello,

First, let me say I'm brand new to the Plesk environment. I am "leasing" a Windows 2003 server through GoDaddy.com and it has Plesk 8.2 installed. I'm running the server exclusively for our website (although it looks like the Plesk environment is arranged like it is a shared - vhost server).

My problem is that I installed an SSL certificate for our domain, and it appears to have installed fine through Plesk. Now when I try accessing an encrypted page, I get an error that "navigation to webpage was canceled". Port 443 is open and apparently the initial connection happens, then closes when the info starts transferring to the client browser.

I've done quite a bit of research and tried some fixes to no avail. The one thing that I am unable to do is change the default certificate. The default "Plesk" certificate is the default. I've tried changing the default cert to my SSL cert, but it will not change. I've also tried removing the Plesk cert, and it will not remove because it is the default certificate.

Does anyone know how to remove the Plesk cert as the default cert for the website (if that is possible)? Or has anyone seen this issue before and perhaps may have a fix?

please note that that certificate is assigned to the IP address but not to domain
you can reassign certificate you want at Plesk CP->IP addresses-> ip address

Back