• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved SSL not working when create new sub.domain.com when domain.com has wildcard SSL

andreios

Regular Pleskian
What I already have and works is:
The first domain I created was netdata.domain.com
After that I created domain.com with wildcard Cert.
Both works perfectly with Lets encrypt.
No I try to create a new domain which is sub.domain.com but this domain can't get a lets encrypt certificate.
Why does it work with the first subdomain (netdata.domain.com ) but not with a second? All tree are separate domains, not Plesk Subdomains. I can't save it as Subdomain because it must be a separate folder in /www/vhosts/.

Only solution I could find was to set domain.com to a normal cert. not wildcard and every sub domain too.

I think it should work when you use the "Add Subdomain" button to create the subdomain. But it will not work when you use the "Add Domain" button to add the subdomain.

Have you actually used "Add Subdomain" to add the subdomain? In that case, if it does not automatically list the existing SSL certificate in its domain configuration file, this would probably be a bug. Have you checked /var/www/vhosts/system/<your subdomain>/conf if the files reference a certificate file?

I can't use Add Subdomain, it must be a separate domain. because it is to big to create backups from it. netdata.domain.com was also not added with Add Subdomain, it works.

I have not yet understood why an SSL certificate cannot be created for the separate domain. It should not matter whether another certificate exists for other subdomains of the same domain. What is the error message when you try to create a certificate for the subdomain?

Using an existing certificate won't work, because you'll then have to manually update the certificate content or file references manually on each renewal of the referenced cert.

I solved it the issue was that the subdomain was not listed as A record in the zone file. I think it will now maybe work with the wildcard domain to.

Back