• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question SSL on alias

Nicolas_b

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Web Pro Edition Version 18.0.63 # 4
Hello

I have my main website with SSL on domain.fr. It's a sectigo cert. It's working
I added an alias domain.com for the domaine domaine.fr
I also have a sectigo cert for domain.com but I didn't find how to use it with domain.com
If I go on domain.com, I have an ssl issue in my browser and no redirection beceuse the website is not secured

Thank you

Hello, @Nicolas_b. Unfortunately, at this point, a standalone SSL certificate cannot be installed for domain aliases in Plesk. If the SSL of the main domain name is multidomain certificate you can include the alias in it. The other alternative to consider is to add the alias as an individual domain name and configure a 301 redirect to the main domain. There is an existing UserVoice request for this functionality and I would like to encourage you to vote for it.

Back