• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue SSL only for mail

josede

Basic Pleskian
Hi! I have a domain hosted in netlify with ssl.
The mail DNS in the domain registrant is pointing to my vps.
I try to get a certificate only for the mail domain in PLESK, but i always get an error:

Could not issue an SSL/TLS certificate for example.com
Details
Could not request a Let's Encrypt SSL/TLS certificate for example.com.

Go to http://example.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/jsuZg1Nq...
and сheck if the authorization token is available.
If it is, try to request the certificate again. If the token is not available, there may be an issue with your DNS configuration.
Your domain in Plesk is hosted on the IP address(es): (domain ip in plesk), but the DNS challenge used another IP: (netlify ip).
Make sure that the IP address(es) specified in the domain's DNS zone match the IP address(es) the domain is hosted on.
If it does not help or if you cannot find an issue with your DNS configuration, use this KB article for troubleshooting.

Last edited:
To issue a certificate HTTP verification used means server should have the domain hosted in Plesk, thus it is not possible to issue for a domain without hosting and so you may want to try to issue wildcard. Wildcard uses DNS verification.

As a workaround, you can check the following link that has a way to do it:
Is it possible to secure webmail without domain being hosted on Plesk using Let's Encrypt?

So, in a short version, to secure the Domain upload the purchased wildcard certificate under Domains > example.com > SSL/TLS Certificates > select Add SSL/TLS Certificate

After this, under Domains > example.com > SSL/TLS Certificates select the installed certificate and Click on Apply

Netlify dont allow export cert.

Anyway i dont know why in cpanel i didnt have this issue and I have the issue in Plesk.

Well if you cannot export it then use a wildcard on Plesk as it uses DNS validation instead of the http validation

I am following "Use Let's Encrypt Wildcard certificate (Recommended) "

I dont have any certificate when i go to "Advanced Settings " under "SSL/TLS Certificate"

@Arashi But how can I create the wildcard if the main domain from the registrant is pointing to netlify.

Last edited:
Back