• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ssl setup

I

ijwk

I did a quick search but did not find my answer, so.....

I purchased a 256 bit SSL from godaddy on my old server that I maintainined on a domain I hosted. I just sold my servers and switched to a dedicated server with plesk. How do I take the key from the old server and move it to the new server? Am I SOL?

Also, it looks like the new plesk server only has the options for 512, 1024 and 2048. Should there not be a 256?

Is there a tutorial that will walk me through this, that is moving the key from the old server to the new server?

thanks

Hello,

To move the certificate, you need to obtain the certificate parts you had. These should be stored on the old server.
You can also contact your certificate authority, if you purchased this certificate.
If the old server used Plesk for Windows, you can use Plesk Backup/Restore to move the domains with their certificates.

As for installing the certificate on the new server, please, check this documentation:

http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk7.5/Windows/Docs/plesk-7.5-win-admins-guide/ch05s37.html

Back