• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved SSL/TLS Certificates - Lets Encrypt Manual Renewal

AndreasY

Basic Pleskian
In the Plesk Control Panel

SSL/TLS Certificates --> Press 'Lets Encrypt' button

How can we get this certificate to renew before it expires, without having to delete and make a new one ??

I think this is a very very very simple question.

I hope to either

1. NOT receive any answer
2. Receive an answer that actually attempts to address the question.

Thanks

I'm not running Plesk on Windows, but with all my Linux servers all the Let's Encrypt certificates are being renewed automatically 30 days prior to expiration. Never had any issue on >20 servers so far.

And even if that certificate would have expired, I simply click on the "Let's Encrypt" button and it will renew it, without having to delete the old one.

Check your panel.log file, see Plesk for Windows services logs and configuration files for log file location.

Hi Monty,

thanks for that clarification.

So I now know that in this section

"SSL/TLS Certificates --> Press 'Lets Encrypt' button"

that the certificates should auto renew by themselves.

But if they dont we can renew them manually by simply pressing the "Let's Encrypt" button and then the "Renew" button.

Im glad to hear this clarification as I have read a couple of threads where people on these forum have said that in this section, "SSL/TLS Certificates --> Press 'Lets Encrypt' button" that the certificates in this section do not auto renew.

Back