• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Step 2 kicking back to admin panel

adtastichosting

New Pleskian
Weird issue just seemed to have cropped up on one customer account out of the blue. We have about 50 accounts using the sitebuilder and only this one seems to have this issue and only just recently.

It only happens on step 2 the design step and only if you click anything on that page to make a change. Once you have clicked something to make a change, say for example, color scheme, then clicking anything else such as preview, next, back or anything to move from that page to another page results in being kicked back into the admin panel.

Any ideas about why this is happening, how it happened and how to fix it/

design step kicking back to admin panel

No one have any ideas on this?
When in the design step you click a menu item. Example, change the template color. New template color is highlighted. Then you click next or to move to any other step and instead of doing so you are sent to the admin panel. It is only happening on one client account and only on the design step and the client has other accounts under the same user that it is not happening on. And it just cropped up. We've tested it in all types of browsers and so forth and still the same but of course it is only one account out of over 50 that is is happening to and the account has been live for over a year without the issue. So surely there is something in an xml config file or something on the server for that one account that has been modified somehow or otherwise corrupted that I can perhaps load a default of or do something to fix this.

On this step, this requires some additional investigation. First of all try to check apache Sitebuilder logs on the server for any errors when you are kicked from the Wizard step. Probably some page could not be found and you are redirected to admin console because of that. Try to check sitebuilder_error.log and access log sitebuilder_access.log as well. Let me know about the results.

design step kicking back to admin panel

Dmitry-

Thanks for the response. You know I didn't realize there was a sitebuilder_error.log outside of the one we see in our admin panel but i found it and it has everything from since sitebuilder was setup up a few years ago. So that was easy, I went to the client site and generated the error, went back and tailed to the end of the file and there it was. Still make no sense and is entirely weird to be happening only on this one site versus all the other ones but it was mod_sec throwing up the error and for some reason that was kicking back the user to the admin panel. So with a little fiddling with mod_sec to exclude that particular site page error from it all is good again.

Back