• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Strange email behavior

SteffenM

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have a strange problem with my email-configuration. The problem is a little bit hard to explain. I hope You'll understand it. (and forgive my bad english...)

3 Domains in Plesk:
- 1 Domain of our company (mensch-und-mouse.de)
- 2 Domain of a customer: wagner-madler.com (main domain) and wagner-madler.de (alias of the main domain)

The customer has an own mail-server now, so we changed the MX-records in our provider-admin-panel from the plesk-server to the customers server yesterday. All mails to the two domains are now transfered to the customers server. So far so good.

I have disabled the email-service in plesk for wagner-madler.com (should affect all aliases too, right?) and - to prevent any internal problems - set the MX-records in plesk also to the new customer-mail-server, though I know that they are not in charge, because the plesk-server is not DNS for this domain...

Our problem now is that no mail from our domain (mensch-und-mouse.de) is delivered to the alias domain wagner-madler.de. Only mails to wagner-madler.com are delivered. From outside mail-accounts (domains that are not configured in the same plesk) everything works fine.

I have watched the /var/log/mail.info file while sending testmails. here's the output:

Mail from [email protected] to [email protected] (delivered):
"qmail-queue: scan: the message passed by configuration but the message has not been checked due to licence limitations"
"qmail: starting delivery msg to remote [email protected]"

Mail from [email protected] to [email protected] (not delivered):
"qmail-queue: scan: the message should be passed without checks,because contains uncheckable addresses"
"qmail: starting delivery msg to local [email protected]"

I have disabled the anti-spam and the antivir for all mail-adresses from wagner-madler.com (should affect all aliases too)

Is the problem described clearly enough?

Is this a Plesk-Bug?

Any suggestions?

S.M.

Back