• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Streaming services on Plesk?

R

ryanm

Guest
A customer asked me about installing a streaming media server, and I'm curious if anyone has done this? Perhaps using the mechanisms that Plesk offers (i.e. RPMs)?

Specifically, he would like me to install the opensource Darwin Streaming Server so he can stream Quicktime content.
 
Ryan,

I don't know of anything that plesk offers to install or use Darwin, but I was able to install Darwin, on FC2, using the Red Hat instructions in the readme file. I installed it as root, and it allows any of the domains on the server to stream quicktime videos.

Tarren
 
Back
Top