• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Stripped Attachments in Horde?!

F

frosty024

When using Horde's webmail interface to send a message with attachments, the message and attachment gets to the recipient perfectly fine, but when I check in my Sent Mail folder, the message is saved, but the attachment is always "stripped".

Why is this happening? We have customers complaining about it too. Any ideas?

Using Plesk 7.5.3

surely i'm not the only one with this problem. SWsoft where's the beef?

Originally posted by frosty024
surely i'm not the only one with this problem. SWsoft where's the beef?
Their policy is that these forums are for clients/admins to do self-help with each other, and their staff do not normally read or monitor. And unfortunately since today was Thanksgiving, the beef is not in my stomach.... :)

I just checked on some of our 7.5.3 servers, and the sent-mail folders do not strip out the attached files. I have checked on 3 servers, different email accounts, all sent-mail items I checked and opened do show the file attachments as still being attached, and I can open/download them to my local PC.

We are running Horde 3.0.5 (psa-horde) and IMP 4.0.3 (psa-imp)

Please check your IMP config settings in:

/usr/share/psa-horde/imp/config/conf.php

Check the value for the following options:
$conf['mailbox']['show_attachments'] = true;
$conf['compose']['link_attachments'] = true;

Please check your IMP config settings in:

/usr/share/psa-horde/imp/config/conf.php

Check the value for the following options:
$conf['mailbox']['show_attachments'] = true;
$conf['compose']['link_attachments'] = true;

they are set as such... any other ideas on what i can check? thanks for the help.

yeah there IS a solution. use something else. SWSoft sucks! i pay for support and they don't do a damn thing to help. They claim this isn't a bug in that version.

I found a solution for my problem.

It was in my sent items that it looked like they were being stripped. Turns out they were sending though - just not saving them as part of the email in the sent items dir.

There is an option in the webmail control panel that allows attachments to be kept.

Back