• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Sub Domain building

C

clements

I have created my main site using Sitlebuilder 4.5. I have a sub domain set up also but want to use the Sitebuilder template that I have on my main site. I know where to publish the subdomain content to, but can I start from scratch using the sitebuilder or do I have to modify my main site template and republish to the subdomain? In essense can I only have one active template site domain at a time. There seems to be now way to start another template without overwriting the one that is active. I need to have the ability to either save the main site template so I dont have to rebuild it to change anything or the option to switch between domain and subdomain templates.
Really I tried to say all that as clearly as possible :)

You can create new site with the same template and use it for publication to sub-domain. In this case you will avoid making any changes to existing site. Let me know if you meant something else.

Thanks for the reply...and I just noticed I posted this thread in the wrong area..sorry!
You said "You can create new site with the same template and use it for publication to sub-domain. In this case you will avoid making any changes to existing site. Let me know if you meant something else."

How do I create a new site without changing the new one? I realize that I can delete everything on the pages and change them to new content but I dont want to lose what is already there and have to remake the original site again.

I have created "SITE1" using sitebuilder...
I want to create 'Subdomain/SITE1" using sitebuilder but I dont want to delete the "SITE1" information to do it. Am I missing some way of saving the SITE1 information so that I dont have to recreate it again?

I just found out that you have to purchase additional licenses for any additions (domain/subdomain). That clears things up..thanks!

Back