• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Sub domain setup

jakedawson

New Pleskian
Hey guys,
I need a hand. I want to set it up so that when some goes to xyz.example.com it will direct it to plesk and leave the normal example.com as is.

I just need the subdomain to go to plesk.

I have tried setting up an A name with my current DNS host and pointed it to my plesk ip.
Then i go into plesk and change the dns setting to be slave. But it doesnt seem to be working

Sorry if this is a silly question I am pretty new i dont know how to do it.

If you change A DNS record for pointing to Plesk IP address, you have to go Tools & Settings > IP Addresses > IP address and set there "Default site" to your desired site.

Awesome ill give that a try. Thank you so much for your reply. I dont know if I should post a different post for this one. But i cant get my plesk port SSL to apply. Any tips?

If you change A DNS record for pointing to Plesk IP address, you have to go Tools & Settings > IP Addresses > IP address and set there "Default site" to your desired site.
Hey Igor I have done this and it has now been over 48 hours so that should be enough time for DNS to embed. I dont know if this helps but when i visit the Ip address that I am direct too it doesnt go to the site I have setup. What would be the next steps?

Hey Igor I have done this and it has now been over 48 hours so that should be enough time for DNS to embed. I dont know if this helps but when i visit the Ip address that I am direct too it doesnt go to the site I have setup. What would be the next steps?

I think I am also facing this issue. Did you get any proper solution?

Back