• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Subdomain problem Internal error: is out of webspace

ProWebS

Regular Pleskian
In a customer's Plesk (11.0.9)
there is a subdomain that has no directory setup for it's files
in plesk it shows as:
sub.domain.tld Website at (its blank)
istead of
sub.domain.tld Website at (httpdocs) or (folder1)

When I press to manage its hosting options (https://server.tld:8443/smb/web/settings/id/2)
I get the error page:

Internal error: is out of webspace
Message is out of webspace
File Webspace.php
Line 349
Type PleskFatalException

and in /var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log I see:

2012-11-22T18:01:40+04:00 CRIT (2): PleskFatalException: is out of webspace
file: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Webspace.php
line: 349
code: 0
2012-11-22 17:01:40: (mod_fastcgi.c.2746) FastCGI-stderr: PleskFatalException: is out of webspace
file: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Webspace.php
line: 349
code: 0
trace: #0 /usr/local/psa/admin/smb/application/library/Smb/Form/Final/Web/Settings.php(290): Webspace->getRelativePathInsideWebspace('')
#1 /usr/local/psa/admin/smb/application/library/Smb/Form/Final/Web/Settings.php(241): Smb_Form_Final_Web_Settings->_addGeneralElements(Object(S
mb_Form_Tab), Object(CommonPanel_Form_Element_SimpleText))
#2 /usr/local/psa/admin/smb/application/library/Smb/Form/Final/Web/Settings.php(181): Smb_Form_Final_Web_Settings->_addHostingContent(Object(Co
mmonPanel_Form_Element_SimpleText))
#3 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Zend/Form.php(240): Smb_Form_Final_Web_Settings->init()
#4 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/CommonPanel/Form.php(60): Zend_Form->__construct(Array)
#5 /usr/local/psa/admin/smb/application/controllers/WebController.php(261): CommonPanel_Form->__construct(Array)
#6 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Zend/Controller/Action.php(513): WebController->settingsAction()
#7 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(295): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('settingsAction')
#8 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http)
, Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
#9 /usr/local/psa/admin/smb/application/library/Smb/Application/Web.php(48): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch(NULL)
#10 /usr/local/psa/admin/smb/application/public/index.php(15): Smb_Application_Web->run()
#11 {main}
2012-11-22T18:10:09+04:00 ERR (3): Domain sub.domain.tld : is out of webspace

Any ideas on how to fix this ?

I did try /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-domain sub.domain.tld

but it didn't make any difference.
I think there must be some table in psa's databases with the folder name missing.

Have you checked that the logical partition where /var/ is stored actually has enough storage space left:
Using console: df -h
Results should have something like /dev/mapper/vg00-var with the details. Some plesk configurations default to 4GB!

the server has olny 2% of HD used.

pay attention to this:

there is a subdomain that has no directory setup for it's files
in plesk it shows as:
istead of
sub.domain.tld Website at (httpdocs) or (folder1)

(I know that the error message looks decieved but it has nothing to do with free disc space)

take a look at the screenshot.

Attachments

• plesk-sub.jpg
    plesk-sub.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Hello Igor,

I do run these:

Run the following query to identify the inconsistencies:
mysql> SELECT id,name FROM domains WHERE htype='vrt_hst' AND id NOT IN (SELECT dom_id FROM hosting);

Run another query to fix them:
mysql> UPDATE domains SET htype='none' WHERE htype='vrt_hst' AND id NOT IN (SELECT dom_id FROM hosting);

and the result is that in plesk the domain changes from:

to

sub.domain.tld No web hosting [add]

So from there If I try to delete the subdomain I get the error:
Unable to delete DSMail service for domain: Unable to remove domain mail: mailmng failed: Empty error message from utility.

Again If I do re-run the mysql querie fixes
and get the subdomain back into the state of:
sub.domain.tld No web hosting [add]

and then press Add and setup hosting in a random folder like mysub123

then it normaly looks like that

sub.domain.tld Website at mysub123

but again If I try to remove it I get the same error and I'm back where I started

Any ideas ?

Last edited:
also running

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/websrvmng --reconfigure-vhost --vhost-name=sub.domain.tld
or
# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-domain sub.domain.tld

doesn't produce any output but also they doesn't help at all.

that did the trick:

I did run # /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam

then:

[root@/]# /usr/local/psa/bin/domain -r sub.domain.tld
SUCCESS: Removal of 'sub.domain.tld' completed.

I also tried to create a new subdomain and remove it again and it worked fine.

thank you Igor

Back