• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Subdomain problems

L

lhnews

I seem to have problems with subdomains. I tried to creat several subdomains but always get that the limit of domains is reached. Is the domain limit not only for Top Level domains? I thought that we get unlimited subdomains to a single domain - right?

Have you checked both the Domain Limits as well as the Client Limits for subdomains?

If the Client is limited to 1, then the domain under that client will also be limited to 1.

If the Client limit is set to 'unlimited', and the Domain is set for '1', then the domain will only be allowed '1' subdomain.

If the Client is limited to '10', and has 10 domains under it, then you could setup '1' sub for each of 10 domains, or a single domain with 10 subs, or 5 domains with 2 each, etc....

Limit

The License is limited to 10 as I only host my own domain there, but there are 13 subdomains, such as forums, faq etc. I checked unlimited in the domain template.

You have a 10 domain license, that's fine.

Just to clarify -

Subdomains will only count against the domain licenses if they are created as full hosted domains (ie. going into Clients and creating a new domain called sub.domain.com).

As long as you actually create a subdomain under an existing hosted domain, then they do not count against the license. To do this, you would click on Domains icon, then click on the already existing domain name, then click on Subdomains icon. Now click the Add New Subdomain icon, fill in the blank line, make any other selections and click Ok.

Under the 'Limits' section for both Client and Domain, there are fields for specifying a subdomain limit (or unlimited).

The Client Limit applies (cumulatively) to all domains under that client.

The Domain Limit applies to that particular domain.

Back