• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Subdomain - variable Mod Rewrite doesnt work. Please help

So let me get clear on what you are trying to accomplish at this point (I still have not fully read the entire thread, most of it).

You are trying to solve the issue with sessions being terminated due to the change in URL from your using variable subdomain names?

Would it not be easier to change the way you store the php session info? Instead of the session being validated by URL/HTTP request, use another method for sessions.

Otherwise, give me the name and version of the software you are using and I will see if I can set it up on a test server to replicate your conditions. If that software is not GNU or does not have at least a time trial version, then I will not be able to replicate your conditions.

yap. that's what i want to achieve.

The session is lost because of the mod rewrite. I guese the reason why is that the subdomain i generated through mod_rewrite still references the subdomain directory not the main domain directory where my session cookies are located.
I'm thinking if there's a way to mod_rewrite the subdomain and will point the sub directories to the root subdomain then it might work.

What software ? I'm using Plesk 7.5 running linux, the site is based on phpbb. php and mysql.

Thank you very much.

Back