• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Subfolder "domains" is added to mail path (Plesk 18.0.21 and Smartermail 10.x)

When creating a new subscription, or adding a domain to an existing one, a subfolder "Domains" is created in the existing mail path, i.e. if the mail path is "d:\SmarterMail\Domains" the domains will be created in "d:\SmarterMail\Domains\Domains" folder.

It does not stop there. After a restart if the SmarterMail Service, a check will be done on the current domain folder. If there is an "Domains" subfolder in the existing folder, the settings (settings.json in the SmarterMail\Services folder) will be updated:

"path_smartermail_root": "D:\\SmarterMail\\Domains\\" is updated to "path_smartermail_root": "D:\\SmarterMail\\Domains\\Domains\\"

And from that moment on if you create a new domain, a sub folder will be created in the existing (new) folder. And so on and on.... I ended up with 5 levels of Domains folders.

I noticed the value of Mail_path (servicenodeenvironment table in the psa database) is updated as well. Does it check SmarterMail or the settings.json file?

My first guess would be that the creation of the domains subfolder is hardcoded somewhere.

This occurs on both my (current) Windows 2016 and my (new) Windows 2019 Server.

I hope there is a quick fix...

Note: SmarterMail version is 100.0.7242

Back