• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Subscribers and users can't FTP to / or httpdocs

Browning_IT

New Pleskian
Hi all,

I've been working through a problem where I can use SFTP as root to my server, but none of the users I create are allowed in. I've done a fair amount reading, and checking in with my VM host to learn a few things along the way:

- I've had to udpate the passive port range to not be in the NVGRE range that is default with plesk ((Plesk for Linux) Configuring Passive FTP Mode)
- checked firewall items Passive FTP connection does not work after enabling Plesk Firewall
- worked through this document on similar issues How to configure the passive ports range for ProFTPd on a server behind a firewall

I'm at a loss, and have the attention of the VM host to make sure I am not getting blocked or killed on their NAT/FW, which I have created rules on for 10001-10009 for passive, and restarted xinetd

Any other ideas on why I my users get:

"Lost Connection. Disconnected from Server. Could not retrieve directory listing. Error listing directory '/'. "

Settings to connect are FTP, SSL Explicit, port 21.

Cheers,

Attachments

• ftp error.png
    ftp error.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 7
Back