• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Subscription list returns multiple IPs

fliegerhermi

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.52 Update #3
Hi,
I won't to consolidate more hostings per IP to free IPs.
Therefore I tried to get a list of all subscriptions on IP *.1 to change the DNS TTL and subsequently the IP of the subscription to *.2.

The Plesk DB command that is suggested here: How to get a list of subscriptions and their IP addresses on Plesk server? - Support Cases from Plesk Knowledge Base is returning 2 IPs for subscriptions on IP *.2 and only one IP for subscriptions hosted on IP *.1

I noticed before that there must be some config mixup, because when resetting the DNS template for subscriptions on *.2 everything is set to the correct IP except the main entry @ zone which is always set to *.1
Any idea on how to fix that?

If you want to see which subscriptions/domains use a particular IP address you can also navigate to Tools & Settings > IP Addresses and click on the IP address to get a list of subscriptions/domains that use that IP address.

I know, but this doesn't solve the issue in the backend, right?
True. I just wanted to pointed that out as it seems give a more reliable result then the SQL query. The SQL query outputs no IP addresses at all on a bunch of domains for me.

The Plesk DB command that is suggested here: How to get a list of subscriptions and their IP addresses on Plesk server? - Support Cases from Plesk Knowledge Base is returning 2 IPs for subscriptions on IP *.2 and only one IP for subscriptions hosted on IP *.1
Does it return two IPv4 addresses for those *.2 domains? Or one IPv4 and one IPv6?

I noticed before that there must be some config mixup, because when resetting the DNS template for subscriptions on *.2 everything is set to the correct IP except the main entry @ zone which is always set to *.1
There should be no need to change the DNS template. If you change the IP address of a domain, the IP address of the zones gets updated automatically.

Hi,

the command returns the two IPv4-adresses *1 & *.2 when *2 is the IP the subscriptions is running on.
It only returns the *.1 IP, when the subscriptions is on *1.

The DNS-template needs to be changed to lower the TTL before changing the IP otherwise there is a chance that the domains will be offline for a while...

Back