• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Subscription list returns multiple IPs

fliegerhermi

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.52 Update #3
Hi,
I won't to consolidate more hostings per IP to free IPs.
Therefore I tried to get a list of all subscriptions on IP *.1 to change the DNS TTL and subsequently the IP of the subscription to *.2.

The Plesk DB command that is suggested here: How to get a list of subscriptions and their IP addresses on Plesk server? - Support Cases from Plesk Knowledge Base is returning 2 IPs for subscriptions on IP *.2 and only one IP for subscriptions hosted on IP *.1

I noticed before that there must be some config mixup, because when resetting the DNS template for subscriptions on *.2 everything is set to the correct IP except the main entry @ zone which is always set to *.1
Any idea on how to fix that?

If you want to see which subscriptions/domains use a particular IP address you can also navigate to Tools & Settings > IP Addresses and click on the IP address to get a list of subscriptions/domains that use that IP address.

I know, but this doesn't solve the issue in the backend, right?
True. I just wanted to pointed that out as it seems give a more reliable result then the SQL query. The SQL query outputs no IP addresses at all on a bunch of domains for me.

The Plesk DB command that is suggested here: How to get a list of subscriptions and their IP addresses on Plesk server? - Support Cases from Plesk Knowledge Base is returning 2 IPs for subscriptions on IP *.2 and only one IP for subscriptions hosted on IP *.1
Does it return two IPv4 addresses for those *.2 domains? Or one IPv4 and one IPv6?

I noticed before that there must be some config mixup, because when resetting the DNS template for subscriptions on *.2 everything is set to the correct IP except the main entry @ zone which is always set to *.1
There should be no need to change the DNS template. If you change the IP address of a domain, the IP address of the zones gets updated automatically.

Hi,

the command returns the two IPv4-adresses *1 & *.2 when *2 is the IP the subscriptions is running on.
It only returns the *.1 IP, when the subscriptions is on *1.

The DNS-template needs to be changed to lower the TTL before changing the IP otherwise there is a chance that the domains will be offline for a while...

Back