• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

SuexecUserGroup, bad user name

Hans_Meiser

New Pleskian
Hello,

I have manually removed a user from the Ubuntu OS. The user isn't present in the Plesk-UI too.
On my Vhosts SuexecUserGroup is still set to this non existent user. So the apache can't restart...

Apache message:
bad user name xxx
Action 'configtest' failed.

Are there corresponding UI-fields in Plesk or can I edit any Plesk-Db-Table to fix this?
How is SuexecUserGroup set by Plesk?

Thx, Hans Meiser

This issue can be resolved by following the instructions posted in this KB - http://kb.odin.com/en/119552
Thank you for your response.
Actually I don't want to reintroduce the deleted user. This also could be done on OS shell.
Would SuexecUserGroup change if I change the username in db-table sys_users?
Could I change the Domainowner from within Plesk-Panel?
Or do I have to create a complete new Domain entry under the new user name?

By the way. It seems a bit inconsistent. Right now I have my new user name in Plesk Panel but not in db-table sys_users, while my old user name resists there, but isn't present in the Panel.

Indeed, I removed via UI in Plesk domain and user, so no OS user, nor DB user is anymore in the system, I checked it in mysql too, but still error occurs.
Solution was to remove file:

/etc/httpd/conf/plesk.conf.d/vhosts/TLD.conf

where the missing user was still mentioned (Suexec). So it should be still a bug in the removing procedure, as long as the Apache vhost conf-file for the removed TLD remains there.

119552 should also be updated

Back