• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Input Suggestion for enhancing UserVoice: show recently implemented features

Maarten

Golden Pleskian
Plesk Guru
Each time someone requests a feature that isn’t yet implemented in Plesk, we’re advised to create a UserVoice request. While I understand that this is a way to gather user input, the UserVoice page itself feels somewhat unengaging. With over 2,000 open requests, it’s hard to feel confident that new suggestions will lead to real change.

It would be really helpful if you could add a column showing recently implemented features. I’ve seen this approach on the Proton UserVoice page, and it gives me more confidence that user suggestions are being actively considered. A similar feature on the UserVoice page would show that our ideas are being heard and acted upon.

Additionally, many users may not realize that a feature was implemented based on UserVoice requests because only those who voted on the feature receive notifications. To address this, it could be beneficial to mention these user-requested features in the changelogs that are published with each new Plesk release. This way, more users would see how their input contributes to new features, improving overall engagement and transparency.

Just a heads-up: this message was crafted with a bit of help from ChatGPT - it's late, shut up ;-)

I couldn't agree more that the 'completed' ideas feel sort of buried. I completely understand your point for encouraging the community having the most recent ones more visible. Thank you for your input @Maarten. That indeed sounds like a great suggestion. I will see what I can do. :)

As for ChatGPT - no judgment, we have all been there.

Hi,

First of all, I really appreciate that the UserVoice page now shows recently completed ideas—this is a great step toward improving transparency and user engagement.

I’d like to suggest another enhancement to connect the UserVoice further requests with Plesk updates: adding a reference in the Plesk changelogs when a feature is implemented based on a UserVoice request.

For example, here’s a current comparison:

UserVoice Page:
Handling DNSSEC through CLI
Completed Sep 9, 2024

Changelog:
Plesk DNSSEC 1.5.1
9 September 2024
Introduced CLI commands to sign, unsign, and show current settings of a DNS zone.

It would be great if the changelog could include a reference, such as:

"As per UserVoice Request, we've implemented CLI commands to sign, unsign, and show current settings of a DNS zone."

By doing this, users would see a direct connection between their requests and actual product updates, which I believe would further encourage engagement and increase confidence in the UserVoice system.

Back