• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Suggestion: Include RoundCube Webmail

P

PatO

Would love to see RoundCube Webmail as a 3rd supported option within plesk 10.

Thank you

We have Horde IMP and Atmail implemented as webmail. Why do you think that RoundCube would be better?

We have Horde IMP and Atmail implemented as webmail. Why do you think that RoundCube would be better?

Hi Igor,

1) Looks better compared to Horde and @mail
2) Works faster compared to @atmail
3) Better support for IMAP folders, both in folder list and management
4) Plugin support

Give it a spin and you will want it as well :)

Why do you want include it? we use roundcube too its no problem to install it.

we installed it on our hosting domain for example webmailer.we-are-the-provider.com and all customers use this instance. you can also edit the htdocs template with a redirect in a folder so on every new domain domain.tld/webmailer redirects to the webmailer url.
for me their is no reason why a webmailer should be bundled with plesk

Actually, there are no any problems to use it as domain's third-party web application.

Why do you want include it? we use roundcube too its no problem to install it.

we installed it on our hosting domain for example webmailer.we-are-the-provider.com and all customers use this instance. you can also edit the htdocs template with a redirect in a folder so on every new domain domain.tld/webmailer redirects to the webmailer url.
for me their is no reason why a webmailer should be bundled with plesk

Haven't thought about the redirect in the template.
I would really like to redirect mail.* and webmail.* to https://my.domain/roundcubemail/.

Any recommendations on how to do this without wrecking Plesk ?

Thanks

you can do such things with the Event Manager. you can run a batch script or something like that everytime a new domain is created. so with little scripting knowledge it should be possible to create this subdomain entry and redirect it to the right place.

I would rather make something global, eg. a file in /etc/apache2/conf.d/10-redirect-webmail.conf with

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName webmail.*
RedirectPermanent / https://my.domain/roundcubemail/
</VirtualHost>

but this wont work for me.
Other ideas?

I agree

Hi Igor,
I 100% agree with install a third Webmail option in Plesk, Roundcube is a very good Webmail, better than Horde.

All customers will be glad with this Webmail.

Regards.

Last edited:
Hello, but there are different webmail solutions too. Just for example, how would you rate RoundCube over say SquirrelMail?

Horde, Atmail, Roundcube, SquirrelMail

Hello, but there are different webmail solutions too. Just for example, how would you rate RoundCube over say SquirrelMail?

Hi Mr. Sergey,
We have several differences between Horde, RoundCube, Squirrelmail and Atmail. The best for Parallels Plesk Panel should have this 4 Webmail by default. Why you will have 4 Webmail?

Each one of these 4 Webmail has several differences, for example:

Horde: It’s the most powerful of them, it’s a framework, it has a lot of features; Horde is a very good Webmail but the unique problem is your very poor theme, if Horde has a nice theme, it should be the best of best Webmail.( Perfect Multilanguage, imap, etc.) It has Calendar, News, Notes, and enhanced options!

Atmail: It has some features, good interface, but if you want to have more features you need pay a lot of money! It is not good. Each mail send has advertising in the footer.

SquirrelMail: The most basic of these choices is SquirrelMail. It has the most basic of all interfaces. It's a very basic and just lists your mail. There isn’t much to be said about this save for its simplicity. It has horrible interface and little features.

RoundCube: This has a more jazzed up interface using Ajax, this allows smoother selection of e-mail. There is no box checking (a problem), you can just click on the e-mail and use the options above the box to deal with the mail. As with SqurrielMail this is a simple interface just used for checking mail but we can have free themes for it. We can improve the look and it can have a very nice interface. Squirrelmail is generally more lightweight than Roundcube. Roundcube looks nicer so most customers will most likely prefer Roundcube over Squirrelmail.

Important note: Each has its own specific purpose for different customers, for these reason Parallels must to have more webmail available through your Panel, it is really easy of implement and give you more happy clients, and end-users.

Best regards,

I use Roundcube too, just the best webmailer but i have installed it manually so why you dont do this too and wanna integrate it into plesk? if you install it yourself you are much more "free" with roundcube plugins, new roundcube versions and so on. Plesk10 give you the abillity to integrate your own webmailer. so whats the problem to do that?

Right. We can't spend many resources for support of all possible webmails, but we give the possibility to use it independently. We support most popular and known webmails but everyone can use that is more convenient.

...nevertheless if Parallels customers have been asking it for such a long time and a collection of non-official scripts are out for having it working... won't this mean something?
Nobody ask you to support thousand of webmail client, we'd like just to have a clean AJAX interface for our client's webmail before, say, HTML6 is out.

We need round cube complete integration too. For now I will install it beside.
Thx.

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Small correction

Hi Igor. Not entirely true. You're not even supporting Squirrelmail as one of the most used webmail clients. Roundcube have recieved lots of applause from serverhosting admins and unfortunately it's only our Plesk servers that are lacking this nice and attractive email client. Unfortunately!

I would like to see better support for Mail clients. First off @mail...when is the last time they've updated it 2009...3 year old client? HordMail doesn't work with suPHP without a bit of modification. This is one area where Plesk is a downfall for me. I'd like to see RoundCube.

Looks that AtMail Open stuck at version 1.04 long time. They developing and supporting only commercial version.

Hello everyone!
Some new roundcubeskins themes for Desktop to launched.Its awesome!!!!!!!
Check it out here:-
Roundcube_skins.png
Here are a few screenshots showing the general look of the skin.
Excellent ! awesome!!! Any feedback is greatly appreciated...... :):)

Back