• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Support for Merak 9.3.2

CryoGenID

Basic Pleskian
Hello!

We are currently using Merak 9.2.1 and would really like to upgrade to Merak 9.3.2 as
there are lots of new features and bug fixes.

Is (or when will) that new Merak Version be supported?

And is SWSoft ready for the (soon to be released) Version 10 of Merak?
Please don't let us wait forever until we can then use the new Version 10 of Merak! :)

Thanks and best regards,

Christian

Hey :)

Well that's terrible news :-(
I hope they will at least support Merak 10 as soon as it comes out...

Btw: Why doesn't anybody of SWSoft/Parallels simply take one test setup and check if Merak 9.3.2 runs?
I think it will as there haven't been any changes in the API afaik... But I can't use my live-systems for
such checks :-/

But thanks anyway for your post :)

Best regards,

Christian

Never mind... We have just tried it with 9.3.2. ourselves and it seems to work... Thanks to parallels for their unbelievable quick help and support in simply testing a new merak version... (<- irony (!!) )

Nice of you to blame them when you could have just as easily tested it. And btw if you dont have a test environment or at least one test server to test new releases on before going live (of any product - merak, plesk, mysql, sql, etc) then you are a foolish person who likes taking risks.

No I don't think so... Parallels has enough techs to test this as they (should) have a fairly automated testing system. They could really easily have tested it against their test specs.
As their result is important to all plesk users (who use Merak), this is much more valuable than me testing it on our testing-system and possibly not mentioning the results here. And as I cannot test _everything_ and all functions that plesk has with the merak API, a test directly done by Parallels would be much better...
But anyway, it works and that's what counts now...

I didnt mean to suggest that you should test every little thing, that would be unreasonable for anyone outside of the company doing the release.

However when a new version is put out and you need to test to make sure it works - despite the vendor saying it does or isnt supported - you should test it to see if it will work for you, your platform, your setup, etc.

Just taking their word that something will or will not work isnt smart, and I dont know about the windows version of plesk, but on the linux side there are many that do not upgrade right away until the second or third minor version upgrades are out from the last major release becuase they always break 25% of people.

That is why you should test, and if you have a test environment then you could easily test to see if this worked as well with out demanding that parallels do it when its clearly not their responsibility (although it is gracious of them to include compatibility).

Well I think it is their responsibility to test a new version of a software they officially support and rely on (as one of the supported centralized mailservers).
Normally one waits for the "go" that a new version works with another software and then starts testing... And not testing completely out into the blue ;-)

But anyway it works and so we are happy ;-)

Back