• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Support for Merak 9.4.2

CryoGenID

Basic Pleskian
Today an important security update for all previous Versions of Merak
has been released, all customers are greatly asked to update.

Can we safely update to this version?

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Christian

Hi @all,

I just tested different Merak Server Versions in combination with Plesk 8.6.0.5.

I discovered no differences in the bahaviours between Versions 9.3.2, 9.4.0 and 9.4.2.
Almost all features supported by Plesk 8.6 were handed over to Merak.

The only difficulties were the Autoresponding function from Plesk to Merak. (There were no info available within Merak, but Plesk stated that a autoresponder is available).

The second issue were the Groups. But I'm not sure if I understood the concept behind that. I could not see the information stated in Plesk in Merak and vice versa.

Over all I would say, that most of the features (and also the most important ones) Plesk provides are available for Merak 9.3.2, 9.4.0, 9.4.2.
What I didn't check were the antivirus and antispam features.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Maverick

Maverick,

thanks for your reply.

We have now also upgraded and also found the problem with Autoresponders...
As a workaround we have disabled the Autoresponder-Icon in Plesk and have adviced
all customers to switch the function ON and OFF via Merak WebMail.

I am really curious of the new Merak Version 10 will work with Plesk when it comes
out next month ;-)

Best regards,

Christian

Hello

Those anyone out there use allready Merak 10.x with Plesk 8.6.x or 9.x.x?
Is it working together with Plesk?

regards chris

Hello All

Did allready someone test if Plesk 8.6.x or 9.x.x work with Merak 10.x?

regards chris

Igor,

thanks for your reply.

We Expand customers can still not upgrade to Plesk 9.x (for over 1 year now !!!!), and still there is NO support for the new merak mailserver! It has been communicated for over a 3/4 year now that the new version 10 will come out.

Why isn't there still no way for us central-mail-server (Expand) customers to upgrade to Plesk 9.x?!

So please, Parallels, get in contact with the merak developers, they are in fact waiting for you to get back to them to make the integration for Plesk 8.6. and 9.x .
Merak Devs are really interested in making their new Version 10 work with plesk!

Thanks and best regards,

Christian

According information from developers Merak 10 will be supported in Plesk 9.5 version. I have no any ETA when it will be released.

Igor,

thanks for your quick reply.
But please inform the devs, that we also need (!) the support for Merak v10 in Plesk 8.6!
We (Expand-Customers) CANNOT use any Plesk 9.x-Version!! So we are stuck with Plesk 8.6. for our central mail!

Thanks for your help and support!

Christian

Sorry, but not sure that it will be added for very old 8.x version.

Igor,

thanks for your quick reply.
Well, but paralles has to come up with some solution for all of us expand-customers, as we have NO chance to upgrade to Plesk 9.x currently :-(

Thanks again!

Best regards,

Christian

Back