• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Support Where Are You? - Backup Problems!

T

thinkbsd

Okay so I attempted to give Plesk's backup utlity another chance. While logged into root on my FreeBSD 5.4.3 v8.0 server I attempted to backup the entire server.

[root@caffeine:/usr/local/psa/bin] ./pleskbackup --all backup.file
/agent_extract: not found
Empty error message from utility.

Okay so whats the deal? I'm getting sick of all these problems with the backup utlity. I depend on backups to help me sleep better at night. Now i'm going to have to result in doing manual backups via TAR or learn how to use rsnapshot.

The point here is A: We pay for these utilities to work. We rely on these utilities to keep our business going. Months have past and these utilities are still not operational. It's getting a little ridiculous that they can take our money very quickly, but cant answer our problems in the same manner.

SUPPORT WHERE ARE YOU?

P.S. Oh and for the people that think plesk8 doesnt work on Freebsd5.4.3, it does.. On the products page under Plesk it says it supports version 5.4.3.

* Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 3.0 (AS/ES) i586
* Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 3.0 (AS/ES) 64bit
* Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 4.0 (AS/ES) i586
* Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 4.0 (AS/ES) 64bit
* FreeBSD® 4.11, 5.4, 6.0 i386
* SuSE® Linux 9.3 i586
* SuSE® Linux 9.3 64bit
* SuSE® Enterprise Server 9.0 64bit
* SuSE® Linux 10 i586
* SuSE® Linux 10 64bit
* Fedora Core 1 i586
* Fedora Core 2 i586
* Fedora Core 3 i586
* Fedora Core 4 i586
* Fedora Core 4 64bit
* CentOS 3.6 i586
* CentOS 4.2 i586
* Debian 3.1 i386
* Ubuntu 5.10 i386
* MacOS X 10.4 Workstation

-------------
FreeBSD 5.4.3
Plesk v8
-------------

That's a great suggestion. Unfortunately, a lot of people are already paying a large sum of money to use Plesk 8, which is supposed to come with backup/restore tools bundled into it already. Having to pay again to a third party for something that is already paid for in the initial package simply doesn't make sense.
I think this is also why sw-soft is suddeny releasing new 'features' and Products... to make some extra money selling the same features that are claimed to already be available in the base, but simply do not work.