• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

supported OS in 7.5.5

Z

zeki79

hello
in 7.5.5 (rels. date dec 05) these OS are suppoted:

1. FreeBSD 4.11
2. FreeBSD 5.3
3. RedHat Enterprise Linux 3.0 + VZ templates
4. RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 for AMD64 + VZ templates
5. RedHat Enterprise Linux 4.0 + VZ templates
6. Fedora Core 1 + VZ templates
7. Fedora Core 2 + VZ templates
8. Fedora Core 3
9. Fedora Core 4 (new OS) + VZ templates
10. CentOS 3.4 (new OS) + VZ templates
11. CentOS 4.1 (new OS) + VZ templates
12. Debian 3.1 + VZ templates
13. Ubuntu 5.0.4
14. SuSE 9.0 Enterprise for x64 + VZ templates
15. SuSe 9.3 + VZ templates
16. SuSe 9.3 for AMD64
17. MacOS X

greets
zeki

Is 7.5.5 out for linux/unix? I've yet to see it on the site.

Did you mean 05 the day, or the year? It is now Dec 07, 2005 and the download site still does not have it.... :(

What does "+ VZ templates" mean exactly?

Both of my current 7.5.4 systems are on what will be non-supported platforms and I'm not thrilled... I've been paying SUS fee's since 5.0 days and I fell really screwed by this latest change in supported platforms.

- i think these are images for a fast reinstall of a system...
- change yous os ;)

rofl

i was excited.... thought its already out.

btw, i also think that it wont be out this year....

Well, VZ 2.7 is 'supposed' to be out before the end of the year and will support the 2.6 kernel so the RHEL 4 must be new as well....

As far as the VZ Templates, they are typically non buggy, virtuozzo tuned, templates released by SWsoft for VZ Node Owners. It make's life much easier at times!

My 2 cents... no plesk 7.5.5 or VZ 2.7 until next year.... Maybe swsoft will surprise us, but at the same time, wait on a production box before upgrading as it can be nasty at times.

I think it'll come out this year.. Probably about three days before christmas..So everyone has to go and find what broke and how to fix it instead of spending time with their families..

Not saying plesk is unreliable...just saying that there are always things that have to be fixed when installing or updating...And why not make the server admin do it right around christmas when everyone wants to spend time with their family!?

*Yawns*

Plesk's due this month, VZ next month. I haven't heard anything about OS support but I find it interesting to see OSX support (not that I'll be likely to use it).

Do we have a release date yet? I just received a server today and I'd prefer to install FC4 over FC3.

adam

Also waiting for a release date on this for the same reason, any one have any official news?

Back