• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Suspended Domain not working

StuCarbs

New Pleskian
Hi,
I am a reseller running a version of Plesk 12.5 build psa v12.5.30_build1205150826.19 os_RedHat el6

I have a domain with a Status of "Suspended" and I can not access Plesk via any port (I've tried 8440-8444 & 8880), webmail, or access e-mails via Outlook.

When you attempt to visit the site, webmail, or Plesk, it returns the error ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED on Chrome Browser.

I have completed a Dig lookup using G Suite and the check is returning the rcode SERVFAIL and the registrar confirms the NameServers are correct.

I have been attempting to resolve this issue with my hosting provider for over 7 days now and my client is getting understandably frustrated.

The hosting provider have now advised me it is because the domain status is "Suspended", saying there has been a change recently and that a "Suspended" status now acts the same way as "Disabled" and the email won't work, yet the Plesk support document page (Website Status) contradicts that.

Please can someone confirm whether the hosting provider is correct, or whether there may be another issue affecting this domain?

Regards,
Stuart Carbery
Smart Assist Hosting

The hosting provider have now advised me it is because the domain status is "Suspended", saying there has been a change recently and that a "Suspended" status now acts the same way as "Disabled" and the email won't work,
It is incorrect. Mail service will works if domain in Suspended status.
it returns the error ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED
I would suggest you check that Plesk DNS service is up and running and correctly configured.

Hi IgorG,
Thanks for your reply. My hosting provider has advised me that, on their servers that status "Suspended" also disables the mail service and domain access due to a recent update on the server side.

They have not advised me why this is, just that I can place a .htaccess file in the domain directory to only allow certain IP addresses to access your website content as that would be the best way to prevent access to the public until the domain has been approved by the regulatory body (which is the reason we wanted to utilise the Suspended status).

I've activated the domain and the mail services are now up and the DNS is now resolving. Still, I'm disappointed I can't use the Suspended feature anymore.

Back