• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved SW-Engine service not starting!

OlgaKM

Basic Pleskian
I noticed in the past couple of days that my Plesk control panel was running very slowly, so as a first step, I decided to restart it. I ran:

Code:
service psa stop
service psa start

This gave me the output:

Code:
Starting sw_engine service...                                         failed
Starting sw_cp_server service...                                      already started
Starting mysql service...                                             already started
Starting named service...                                            already started
Starting mailer service...                                            already started
Starting spamfilter service...                                        already started
Starting tomcat service...                                            not installed
Starting apache service...                                            already started
Starting superserver service...                                       already started
Starting sw_engine service...                                         failed

I tried to start the sw-engine service manually by running:

Code:
service sw-engine start

This produced the output:

Code:
Starting sw-engine-fpm: [13-Apr-2017 18:57:40] ERROR: An another FPM instance seems to already listen on /var/run/sw-engine.sock
[13-Apr-2017 18:57:40] ERROR: FPM initialization failed
                                                           [FAILED]

Unfortunately, there were no search results for this error message. Any ideas?

I have solved the issue. It seems there were a bunch of sw-engine processes that hung (statistics recalculation?). I killed the processes and restarted sw-engine. This time it was successful. I will monitor to see if there are further developments.

Hi OlgaKM,

sometimes such issues may occure, when a previous restart couldn't delete the depending pid or/and socket of this service and so some orphaned processes may exist. In such cases, you have to manually kill such processes ( as you already noticed :p ).

Back