• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

swap space mandatory?

C

Crazy_lenny

Hi Dear plesk friends,

Does the pelsk installer require any swap space? Or is there a minimum amount of memory that it requires?

I am using software raid in dell 1 u server and as a result i can only mirror one partition. I am using the linux md driver.

Do any of you have any experience on the subject?

Any help is much apreciated

Thanks

Crazy_lenny

Originally posted by Crazy_lenny
Hi Dear plesk friends,

I am using software raid in dell 1 u server and as a result i can only mirror one partition. I am using the linux md driver.

Linux since prehistoric ages allow using regular file as swap space, just as easy as

Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/swap bs=1K count=1M
mkswap /swap
swapon /swap

and add the /swap to fstab.

Originally posted by Crazy_lenny

Am I missing something? I have all of my partitions mirrored...

/dev/md0 /boot ext3 defaults 1 2
/dev/md1 swap swap defaults 0 0
/dev/md2 / ext3 defaults,usrquota,grpquota 1 1
/dev/md3 /tmp ext3 noexec,nosuid,rw 1 2
/dev/md4 /home ext3 defaults,usrquota,grpquota 1 2
/dev/devpts /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620 0 0
/dev/shm /dev/shm tmpfs noexec,nosuid 0 0
/dev/proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/sys /sys sysfs defaults 0 0

Hi redah,

Thanks for your reply. How do you create multiple partitions on a harddisk when using sofware raid? (linux md driver)

I tried it several times on different distributions with regular tools such as fdisk and cfdisk but perhaps I am doing something wrong.

*maybe an idea i just thought of*
Perhaps the problem is that i create a single partition with software raid filesystem and naturally i can only mirror one partition. Can i create several software raid partitions on a single disk and than mirror them?

All answers are really appreciated! :)

Thanks

Crazy_lenny

Sorry for the late reply..

Yes, when you install your Linux distribution (I use Fedora) it let's you choose how to partition your harddisks. You have to create all the partitions on your 1st harddisk as RAID partitions (don't create normal partitions!) and then you can mirror them all...

If you want detailed instructions on how to do it during a Fedora installation I can tell you how, just let me know.

Back