• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Switch release Tiers

SKDamon

Basic Pleskian
Is it possible to switch from "release" to "stable", or from "testing" to "release" tiers?

I imagine this would only work when the "more stable" aka older release versions are greater than the currently installed one. For example Plesk 17.5.3 (currently "release" tier) can only be upgraded to "stable" release (version 17.0.17 at the time of writing), when the 17.5.x "release" version is actually released in the "stable" tier?

So far, setting the tier in Tools&Settings -> System Updates -> Settings did not downgrade the currently installed tier. Will this be done automatically after the newer version is pushed to the stable tier (17.5 as "stable"), and when could that possibly happen?

Thanks in advance,
Damon

Well. We never support downgrade. Tier is the external attribute (in special settings file on autoinstall.plesk.com) but not internal in Plesk. Changing tier setting in Tools&Settings -> System Updates -> Settings will let you able to see available update according to hierarchy testing->release->stable

when the 17.5.x "release" version is actually released in the "stable" tier?

Version 17.5 is in stable status a long time ago:

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 16.38.26.png

Thanks for your reply Igor,

Sorry if my post was a bit messed up, I should've used "early adopter", "general release" and "late adopter" to avoid confusion. I know downgrades are not possible. Which is why I (tried to :D ) ask about what happens when releases get pushed to the new tiers.

Anyway... Let's start from scratch.

I'm on "general relase" tier version 12.5 and would like to switch to "late adopter" tier while keeping version 12.5.
Since downgrades are not possible, I can't switch from "general release" to "late adopter", because v12.5 > v12.0 right now.

But can I switch from "general release" tier to "late adopter" tier, after 12.5 will be released to the "late adopter" tier?

I have auto-updates disabled, so Plesk won't install 12.8 as soon as this is pushed to "general release" tier.
My plan is to keep the last version of 12.5 that will be released to "general release" (let's call that 12.5.x), and wait for the next update of 12.5 to be pushed to "late adopter" release tier (let's call that 12.5.y).

My expectation is that I'll be able to upgrade Plesk from "general release"/12.5.x to "late adopter"/12.5.y. (Effectively "down-grading" the release tier, but upgrading version).
Is it possible to switch to the lower tier and use the auto-updater again after that, or do I have to re-install Plesk and import a server backup?

Again, thank you very much, your help is greatly appreciated :)

First of all, I'd recommend you read carefully this documentation - Plesk Upgrades
Second, I think that you are talking about 17.5 and 17.0 Plesk Onyx versions instead of outdated 12.x, right?
My expectation is that I'll be able to upgrade Plesk from "general release"/12.5.x to "late adopter"/12.5.y. (Effectively "down-grading" the release tier, but upgrading version).
I don't understand why do you call "late adopter" tier as lower tier. But anyway, these radio buttons do not affect your upgrades directly. They only define what you will see in the updates available to you. For example: latest "later adopter" release at the moment is Plesk 17.5.3, and if you enable "Late adopter release" Release Tier, you will see new upgrade offer only when Plesk 17.8 will get "later adopter" tier will not see upgrade offer when Plesk 17.8 will be in GA stage, or "general release".

Back