• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SWsoft Support of Forums

P

purpleman51

I realize SWsoft provides 30 days of free support once you purchase Plesk. I commend them for this. However, they make it more difficult that I believe is necessary to get that support. Perhaps it is just me but I feel they should support their forums better. I would be willing to pay an additional reasonable fee to know that SWsoft will be participating VERY REGULARLY in their forums. I think it is not too much to ask they provide some sort of service pledge of 72 hours for persons without support guaranteed by SWsoft and 24 hours for persons with purchased support be it the first 30 days after purchase or one of their paid for support services.

I have been trying for several days now to get DNS working on my new Plesk server. Their knowledgebase items for this are very shallow. I will when I get home tonight put in a support request but as I mentioned it is a time consuming effort, such as setting up SSH (I won't need it on a day-to-day basis as my server is at my house), changing passwords, filling out two forms, one for the actual support and one, albeit just once, to set up a support "agreement" with SWsoft, and changing passwords back after support is rendered.

I am not a commercial entity, just a home user that supports a number of web sites, including a couple of local community sites (at no cost to them). I admit I chose Plesk over cPanel because the cost for Plesk is much more attractive. But by the time you purchase the PLesk software and the application pack and DrWeb you are up near $800. Couple the time I am spending getting DNS working so I can cancel my hosting provider accounts and begin saving that money, cPanel is not looking as expensive as it did at first. Setting up DNS with cPanel is much easier than with Plesk.

I am actually considering "biting the cost bullet" and purchasing cPanel anyway because I am familiar with it and know I can get accomplished what I need much faster. I would just consider the money I spent at SWsoft as just part of the cost of switching to hosting my own servers.

Yes, I am just one small fish in the big SWsoft pond but one would hope that at least my post will be read by SWsoft.

Thanks for the chance to provide by four cents worth.

Stephen

I somewhat agree with you but in a slightly different manner.

Firstly I think just giving 30 days free support is stingy. Any decent support organization worth it salt should give at least 90 days or even more free support. Especially if they think they have a great product. Paying $200 a pop thereafter is very expensive and does seem like a rip off. But then again running a support organization is very expensive.

I can understand SW-Soft not officially providing more support in the forums. The question is not whether it's community support or not, but rather the quality of posts and the seriousness of the participants in the forums. Some people post without thinking it through, other post without doing any kind of spell checking, and others just use the forums to rant. The nett result is there is a lot of **** in the forums and getting SW-Soft engineers to spend a lot of time here will break their enthusiasm for life. Remember SW-Soft has an very good product that is attracting a lot of people and just coping with the volumes must be a quest in itself.

The objective of the community should be to provide quality questions and answers and help each other. Furthermore we can put 'pressure' on SW-Soft to assist us in making the product better and listening to us when we have feature requests. There should be at least some scanning of the posts by SW-Soft to hear what the people who are buying their product want. And I think there is, probably just limited and definitely not officially.

Back