• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Sync E-mail after migration

J

JJK

Hi,

I am busy migrating our Plesk Panel to a new server. The migration takes about 4 hours for one domain. I was wondering how I would synchronize the e-mails after the migration as some e-mails may still come through during the migration and while the DNS records sync around the globe.

Thank you in advance

Migration can be performed with stopped mailserver. All emails will be delivered from outside mailservers with timeout to mailserver started on new server.

Can you switch of the mail server for a particular domain or is this only possible plesk wide.

Just go to domain's Mail settings and uncheck "Activate mail service on domain". Or just suspend domain before migration.

Back