• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Synchronizing Plesk 11 and MailEnable

PeteSDG

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

We're running a server with Plesk 11 and MailEnable 7, Windows 2008.

In the future we will be faced with migrating mail accounts and mail data from another mail server (Ability Mail) to the server above. The Ability Mail server is not running Plesk.

We would create the accounts in bulk using an import utility tool and import the accounts data using IMAPCOPY.

As far as I'm aware, Plesk will not recognise these accounts because they haven't been created via Plesk Control Panel.

Is there a way to force Plesk to "resync" with MailEnable to pick up the settings and create the domains/accounts?

Pete

Hello,
Plesk has no such opportunity. But I see the following workaround:
1. You need to create mail accounts in Plesk if first place using command line
2. Use import utility to import mail content to MailEnable.
3. Restore mail boxes configuration in MailEnable using Plesk mchk.exe utility.

Mail accounts in Plesk can be created only in scope of a domain. So you need to create a domain, I believe without hosting, in Plesk using command line. Then create mail accounts on created domains. To create a domain in CLI you can use these command:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\bin>domain --create mydomain.xxx -hosting false
SUCCESS: Creation of domain 'mydomain.xxx' completed.

To create mail accounts you need to know their password. The command looks like

C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\bin>mail --create [email protected] -passwd 123456
SUCCESS: Creation of mail account '[email protected]' completed

Also to configure other domain or mail account settings you can use Plesk documentation.
http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP11/11.5/Doc/en-US/online/plesk-win-cli/

After mail accounts configuration is created in Plesk you can transfer the content from Ability Mail using third party tool. But after this tool will make the transfer, mail accounts configuration in MailEnable can be changed. So to restore it you need to use the utility
C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin>mchk.exe --all

I think it might help in your case.

Thanks Sad,

I did think that was going to be the case.

It is a shame that Plesk doesn't have much in the way of discovery programming in place.

It is too much software, it is not possible to support all of them. But useful software is of course get supported in first place.

Like I said, not much in the way of discovery programming in place. If the programming is done correctly then communication between software is a two way process. As far as I'm aware Plesk relies too much on it's internal database and doesn't explore outside of it's box. You either take an action through Plesk or it ignores it completely.

Back