• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved System mails (MAILER-DAEMON) Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

fvrk4n

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.59_build1800240229.10 os_Ubuntu 22.04
Hello, I installed Pleski without any problems and I am using it. There are sites and a few e-mails in Plesk, they work without any problems. However, the e-mails sent by the system (MAILER-DAEMON) cannot be transmitted in any way. The IP address used on Plesk is not included in any blacklist.

This is the mail system at host *******.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<******@gmail.com>: host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[108.177.119.26] said:
550-5.7.26 This mail has been blocked because the sender is
unauthenticated. 550-5.7.26 Gmail requires all senders to authenticate with
either SPF or DKIM. 550-5.7.26 550-5.7.26 Authentication results:
550-5.7.26 DKIM = did not pass 550-5.7.26 SPF [gmail.com] with ip:
[**.**.**.**] = did not pass 550-5.7.26 550-5.7.26 For instructions on
setting up authentication, go to 550 5.7.26
Email sender guidelines - Google Workspace Admin Help
a24-20020a1709064a5800b00a55b48110b5si4860ejv.392 - gsmtp (in reply to end
of DATA command)

1713693359532.png

[...] However, the e-mails sent by the system (MAILER-DAEMON) cannot be transmitted in any way. [...]
I am not sure if I understand what emails you are referring to? You're saying that you have no issues sending emails, but some emails cannot be sent are bounced back?

I am not sure if I understand what emails you are referring to? You're saying that you have no issues sending emails, but some emails cannot be sent are bounced back?
Yes, I opened mailboxes for domains on this server and I use them without any problems. But to give an example, when a user creates a new domain via Plesk, the system sends him an e-mail stating that this domain has been created successfully, but since this e-mail was sent via phpmailer, it is rejected by Gmail etc. and cannot be forwarded. My problem is that I entered the necessary SPF and DMARC record for the emails sent by the system via phpmailer, but I do not have any DKIM record, I have no idea how I can create a DKIM record for the domain belonging to Plesk.

Sorry, I am still not entirely sure which emails you mean exactly. Do you mean email notifications from Plesk? Or are you sending custom notifications to users/custsomers via phpmailer?

Sorry, I am still not entirely sure which emails you mean exactly. Do you mean email notifications from Plesk? Or are you sending custom notifications to users/custsomers via phpmailer?
i mean email notifications from Plesk

1713809881852.png

Ah okay, I understand. By default Plesk uses the email address of the primary administrator account as the sender. However, that might causes problems if your server isn't authorized the sent email from the primary administrator email address. For example if you are using a Gmail email address as the email address for the primary administrator account.

The solution is to configure a different sender for the Plesk notification emails. For example and email address of an domain that's already hosted on your server. More information on how the change the sender for Plesk notification emails can be found here: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...-in-Plesk-email-notifications-sent-to-clients

Ah okay, I understand. By default Plesk uses the email address of the primary administrator account as the sender. However, that might causes problems if your server isn't authorized the sent email from the primary administrator email address. For example if you are using a Gmail email address as the email address for the primary administrator account.

The solution is to configure a different sender for the Plesk notification emails. For example and email address of an domain that's already hosted on your server. More information on how the change the sender for Plesk notification emails can be found here: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...-in-Plesk-email-notifications-sent-to-clients
Yes, this is exactly the problem, thanks to you, my problem has been solved, thank you.

I opened the file with the "plesk conf panel.ini" command and wrote at the bottom
[notification]
senderAddress=<custom email address>
After adding the phrase, it works smoothly.

Back