• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

System Time and Log File time stamp different!

E

eara01

I have noticed a four hour difference between the system time, and the log-file time stamp. I have confirmed this by browsing a site, and immediately checking the log file (confirming the pages I browsed and sequence, etc.)

I thought it might be a time zone setting, but the server is -5 hours from GMT (not -4)

The actual system time (from both remote-console (RDC, not Plesk r-console) in and Plesk's manage system time function) is, for example, 0925, but the time shown in the log file is 1325.

Using PHP to grab the system time also matches the r-console and system time (not log file time stamps)

Anyone know where the log files get the time from?

Found the answer: IIS stamps the log files using the time zone of UTC (GMT/Zulu/whatever you call it where you're from).

You can tell IIS to rotate log files basis local time, but it still stamps UTC time.

When I stated in the previous post that it wasn't a time zone thing because the difference is +4 hours from the system time, but the time zone of the server is -5 hours...I forgot to take into consideration daylight savings time.:rolleyes:

Back