• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved System Update Warning

L. Hagen

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

today I noticed a System Update Warning:

Code:
Warning: Information on some packages might not be actual: inconsistencies were detected in the system's package manager database. Please resolve this issue manually.

After checking the configuration with

Code:
dpkg --audit

I found three packages with incorrect or missing checksums. Two of the packages could be reinstalled with

Code:
apt-get install --reinstall <pkgname>

But there is still one package left which can not be reinstalled, which is

Code:
apt-get install --reinstall psa-mod-fcgid-configurator
Reinstallation of psa-mod-fcgid-configurator is not possible, it cannot be downloaded.

My questions are now: where do the problems come from? and how can it be solved?

Thanks for your help and best regards,
Lars

Hi L. Hagen,

Warning: Information on some packages might not be actual: inconsistencies were detected in the system's package manager database. Please resolve this issue manually.
Pls. see: => #2 for a detailed explanation.

Reinstallation of psa-mod-fcgid-configurator is not possible, it cannot be downloaded.
You missed to configure some Plesk standart sources, so your software package manager can't find the source of this file. Pls. use the Plesk autoinstaller to de- and re-install the corresponding package, or see examples at : => #9 in order to be able to create some sources.list 's.

Hi UFHH01,

thank you again for your response and help. When I got the pre-configured server from STRATO, the Plesk was already installed and I always updated the system via "Tools & Settings -> Updates and Upgrades" or via "Tools & Settings -> System Updates" and didn't changed any config files (sources.list's). What makes me wonder now is, how or why the configuration can be damaged or can be incomplete?

But I followed the instruction you gave in #2 and will wait until the next update cycle. Hope that the message then will disappear.

Hi L. Hagen,

What makes me wonder now is, how or why the configuration can be damaged or can be incomplete?
actually, it is not "incomplete" or "damaged", because Plesk itself uses the Plesk autoinstaller, which is able to use temporary created sources.list 's, which are removed as soon as the Plesk autoinstaller finishes it's process. ;)

If you are fast enough, you can actually observe the folder "/etc/apt/sources.list.d" ( on Debian/Ubuntu - based systems ), right after you started the example command:
Code:
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base
... and watch how the file "50sw_autoinstaller.list" will be created and deleted after the process finished. :p:D:p

But I followed the instruction you gave in #2 and will wait until the next update cycle. Hope that the message then will disappear.
You don't have to wait for the message to disappear... just click on "search for updates" ... and later on, pls. click the "HOME" navigation, when the search has been finished. ;)

Hi UFHH01,

the warning is disappered now and I guess that the "problem" is solved :)

Thx for your help!

Back