• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Tasks in progress blocked

Ivan7

New Pleskian
Good morning,
We have a problem with our plesk 12.5
Attempts have been made to execute several ongoing tasks but have not finished.
Also, when trying to make a copy of a database, the process is constantly cloning and never ends.
We have tried restarting plesk and it has not been fixed either.

I leave an image for you to see the problem. Sorry for my poor English. I would appreciate any help.

Thank you very much.

Have you tried to repair your Plesk server with

# plesk repair installation

Also make sure that all available updates are installed with help of command

# plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components

Good morning, thank you very much for your response.

He has not solved my problems. Apply the commands that you passed me but did not solve.

I give you an image so you can see the exact problem.

I also include some lines of the file error_log in case some of those errors can be the cause of all that.

[Thu Feb 16 18:56:48.854484 2017] [cgi:error] [pid 13675] [client 158.69.43.193:55343] script not found or unable to stat: /var/www/vhosts/vps90195.ovh.net/httpdocs/cgi-bin/php
[Thu Feb 16 18:56:49.484541 2017] [cgi:error] [pid 11913] [client 158.69.43.193:55344] script not found or unable to stat: /var/www/vhosts/vps90195.ovh.net/httpdocs/cgi-bin/php5
[Fri Feb 17 11:38:20.867117 2017] [ssl:warn] [pid 2222:tid 127690181523328] AH01909: RSA certificate configured for vps90195.ovh.net:443 does NOT include an ID which matches the server name

Captura1.jpg

What is the definition of the cronjob? Do you run a shell script or have you selected the built-in PHP option?

Can the scripts run with the same command from command line or do they hang, too?

Good morning, thank you for your reply, Peter.

I will try to answer your questions in case you can help me. I think I know what the definition of cronjob is, but not only is it blocked with cronjob, also with DB clonings or the simple fact of installing an application such as Wordpress or Prestashop. It gets stuck at 1% and does not advance.

To the second question, I have not executed any script, using the PHP functions that come by default in Plesk. I have upgraded to the latest version of PHP (7.0.16) without any apparent result.

To the third question, accessing SSH to Plesk if I can perform the cloning of the DB among other things so I think the problem may be in the administration of the Plesk panel. The problem is that neither reinstalled from scratch the problem is solved.

Thank you very much for your attention.

From your reply I think that this is likely either an issue with file permissions or an issue with limited resources on a virtual server. Suggestions:

- Make sure that the crontab job runs with sufficient permissions and that the scripts do not try to manipulate files or directories outside the subscription.
- Check your server resources like virtual inodes and RAM. If they are low, issues are likely to appear.
- Check the size and usage of your temporary partition/directory /tmp, it should have plenty of free space to accomodate temporary files.

A log entry like
"[Thu Feb 16 18:56:49.484541 2017] [cgi:error] [pid 11913] [client 158.69.43.193:55344] script not found or unable to stat: /var/www/vhosts/vps90195.ovh.net/httpdocs/cgi-bin/php5"
points to a wrong method to execute the PHP script that you want to run. Check your crontab job settings and make sure that you have selected "PHP script" for execution, not another option. If you want to execute your PHP script without the built-in engine, call your PHP by /usr/bin/php or /opt/plesk/php/VERSION/bin/php (for example /opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/php /PATH/TO/SCRIPT/FILENAME.PHP for PHP 5.6).

Back