• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Template design issue

bradm

New Pleskian
Hello,

I would like to bring to your attention an issue with your AV-074 template. The banners are designed with images in them, and the bottom corner of an image overlays into the main content area of the template. The only way to have a decent looking banner would be to mimic the way the other banners are.

Is there a way around this?

Please see the following screen shots:

good.jpg

bad.jpg

Thanks,

Brad

Hi,

There are lots of designs where this happens. I can be a real pain. I have to preview each design in advance and make sure the header image works (by work I mean really accept an alternate one ) before I go further. There are even some where if you check the header image it might have 2 images but you can only replace 1 as the header image is broken into 2 separate images.

Regards

I can see the issue with av-074 template and I already passed this information to developers. It should be fixed in future product versions. I will post here any update as soon as developers check this case.
Alan, you are right and some banners include not one but two images and banner uploading will work not quite properly in this case. All templates were designed and work well with default banners but it is not possible to guarantee that it will work with any custom banner.

Hi,

Yes I can see they weren't designed that way but maybe you could pass it on for consideration. I'd say a lot of people use custom banners as to be honest the default banners are very restrictive in terms of design.

Thx

Hi Dmitry

Its great that you come back with responses and that there is help available but its a very disappointing answer. The use of double images remove the ability to use a huge % of the templates.

So the workaround that Parallels suggests is to

1) use another template
or
2) build your own.

I would have expected something a little more to be honest or at least with Parallels looking at some real workarounds such as allowing the ability to possibly upload second images. I cant believe a KB was create to tell people to select another template.

B

I understand you. I just described current situation and possible options for now. There is appropriate feature request exists and developers working on it so appropriate changes should be implemented in next Sitebuilder updates. Unfortuantely, for now can not say for sure exact version when proper head banner uploading mechanism will be implemented.

Hi Dmitry

I know you can't guage when functionality will be released but would there be a way to have a sticky thread that lists all requests for functionality like this and then when it is released or you know about it that the thread could be updated.

Thx

Hi
Has this problem been fixed yet? Anyone know? Problems with customising banners seems to have been going on through various versions of Sitebuilder. Might be prudent to attempt to have these problems fixed once and for all to eliminate the wasted time and energy spent by those using Sitebuilder to buidl their websites. It is billed, after all, as a simple, quick way to build a website...no experience required.

Another option is to modify the source code of this template and recompile it. You don't have to use a different template and you don't have to create a totally custom one.

Back