• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Template validation

C

Cidewalk

I'm working with a few of the pre-existing templates to get used to sitebuilder before I make my own templates. I've tried to add them as new templates and it always comes back with the response that it is not a template. I can't find which elements are in error and sometimes it takes quite a bit of time for it to try to upload so I don't even always know which element could be incorrect. So I was wondering if there was a DTD or Schema available so that I could validate my code before trying to upload it into sitebuilder. I suppose I could make my own, but if there's one already available or produced by Swsoft I would rather at least try that.

Don't know if you have tried this, but the zip file you download contains the zip file for templates. You have to unzip the first zip file, but not the nested ones. Eg. upload eug-14.zip not Business Pack 1.zip.

I do wish there was a way to upload multiple templates at a time. It took about an hour to uplaod all the business templates (and hundreds of mouse clicks).

Build by example not by documentation.

FYI - I had a hell of a time with my first templates. Then I stopped double checking and rechecking based on the documentation. Once I compared my results with some templates from the template packs I found descrepencies. So I choose to use the examples from templates that work instead of strictly following the documentation.

Now my templates are working great.

Hey Dotjinks,

It looks like you and maybe one or two other ppl are looking into the template creation. Just wondering if you got anywhere with this. I have made some initial attempts to edit some pictures and upload as a seperate template.

But after loading there seems to be some error and just shows a error picture...?????

What about anyone else, HAS ANY ONE HAD ANY LUCK CREATING / EDITING CURRENT TEMPLATES...???

I have had some luck with creating templates, that eventually worked fine. However the biggest stumbling block for me was the series of templates required a newsletter sign up form in on every page. Putting form tags in breaks something in the WYSYWIG when you try to use those templates.

I'm sure it has to do with FORM not being part of the XML/XSL standard.

Once I remove the form tags my templates worked perfectly.
I dissected existing sitebuilder templates in order to get my layouts to work. The documentation was not much help.

It's a great system and it is worth it to learn to make templates for it, something you can offer your customers that others do not or cannot.

I can't wait to get sitebuilder 2.0 licensed and available for my customers!

Best of luck to you! ;)

Back