• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Test domain wordpress layout before transfer via dedicated IP address

D

David Singer

Guest
Hi,


I posted this as a response, should have posted it as a new thread. My bad....
I am not seeing a way to view a site via the dedicated ip address of the account/domain other than the site viewer which will not show the css or images of a default wordpress install prior to the domain transfer. Is there a way to modify the vhost file from /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/conf/httpd.include and change the following :80
<VirtualHost 67.225.xxx.xxx:80>
ServerName domain.com:80
to the same without the :80 and then distill the file to retain the changes?

Will this allow the client to see the domain via the ip address to test the layout of the site before the domain transfer?

When I go to the ip address now (without the :80) all I see is

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Apache/2.2.0 (Fedora) Server at 67.225.xxx.xx Port 80

When I use the :80 I see the site but without the formatting (css or images)

This is a new setup of plesk for linux.

Please advise and thanks in advance.
 
Back
Top