• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Testing website after migration

The site is probably not rendered correctly, because not all references in the site have been updated properly to the new URL. You can try to use a plugin like Better Search Replace to replace one URL with another. Also, after changing the URL, you need to either update the siteurl and home definers in wp-config.php (if these are present) or change the siteurl and home datasets in the options table to the new URL. Definers in the wp-config.php file take precedence over the option table.
Thanks Peter, I think I figured it out, turns out the WordPress had a custom theme which was developed over a decade ago. I changed the site to use the "classic" theme and I am able to preview now.

Although I can preview my WordPress site now, our site has a link in the header that goes to a vBulletin message board. So the core site is a Wordpress site, and there is a link to "..... /messageboard/index.php" When I click on the link, the message board does not appear. I am wondering if the exceeds the capabilities of the preview function or if there is a problem with vBulletin portion. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

The current live site is "'BentRider Online"

The message board is "BentRider Online Forums - Powered by vBulletin" for example.

Thanks Peter, major progress. I can access phpMyAdmin, the wordpress section of Plesk show no errors. I recreated the temporary URL and now I am back to trying to access the site via temp URL.

Back